Good morning folks,
Well the sun has finally paid us a visit but for how long?!!
Last Friday night my husband went to tesco to pick up a few bits for a birthday cake I was making and he found a punnet of blueberries on sale for 40p bargain!!
So I decided to treat us to some blueberry pancakes for breakfast on Saturday.
What you will need-:
For the pancakes
50g caster sugar
1/4 punnet blueberries.
For the compot
100g caster sugar.
Few drops lemon juice.
* To make the compot put the berries, sugar lemon juice and a splash of water into a pan stir carefully. Then bring to boil and simmer.
*For the pancakes, place all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
*Separate the eggs then put the yolks in the bowl with the dry ingredients. Add some milk and whisk until the mix falls off the whisk with no lumps.
* In another bowl whisk the egg whites to soft peak. ( not the stage where you can tip the bowl above your head) should be white fluffy n foamy.
* Stir whites into the other mix don’t over mix as you don’t want to loose all the air you whisked into the whites.
*Stir in the blueberries.
* To cook the pancakes put a non stick pan onto the stove on high with some oil in wait until you see smoke. Take the pan off the heat and using kitchen roll wipe the pan out. Now using a clean bit of kitchen roll dip in oil and grease pan with the paper. Heat the pan up again and pour some of the mix into the pan make sure you get some blueberries. You will see the mix bubble then go dry only when the whole of the pancake is dry do you attempt to turn the pancake over. It will only take a few seconds on this side to colour.
* Serve with syrup, yoghurt, vanilla ice cream or a mixture of all three. Don’t forget to serve the compot you made.
# TIP = When cooking the pancakes you may need to adjust the temperature of your cooker hob or remove the pan from the stove altogether.