It’s been a while since I’ve wrote to you all.
Disaster struck last week the oven at home has broken so I feel lost. Hopefully it won’t be too long until its fixed or I have a new one.
I have been watching Eric Lanlard on 4OD recently. A few people have told me about the show. What a great pastry chef and I feel a visit to cake boy is in order.
So It is Easter Sunday tomorrow and what a way to start the week with snow!! Why not have a go at making some chocolate truffles if you fancy a change from chocolate eggs.
*Just make a ganache by boiling 100g cream with a tsp of butter.
*Pour onto 100g of dark chocolate. Leave to set/hard.
*Make into ball by scooping the ganache with a Mellon ball scoop then dip in melted chocolate.
* Finish with either sprinkles or piping chocolate on top.
I would also like to share with you this lemon drizzle cupcake idea a nice treat for Easter you could put a chick or mini eggs on top.
* Use the basic sponge recipe with 2 grated zests of lemons.
* Boil the juice with some sugar to make a syrup.
* When the cakes are out of the oven prick and pour the syrup on top,
* Finish with butter cream and candied lemon peel. Unless or course you fancy mini eggs or a little chick/bunny.
Happy Easter and I won’t leave it so long next time.